Pages

Friday 8 May 2009

Being Bigger than Wolverine

Dynamo came home the other day with a project to do for school. He had to research someone he looked up to - his ‘hero’. After much thought (all of five seconds) he decided on Hugh Jackman (because he plays Wolverine and Wolverine is cool). He cut out lots of pictures and took them to school.

The next day he came home and said, “I’ve changed who I’m going to write about. I’ve decided to write about you!” Awwww. Warm fuzzy feelings. An early Mothers’ Day present. But he didn’t ask me any questions about myself or try to find any photos, so I figured his heart wasn’t really in it.

A day later he came home all excited. They’d been told to do some research on their hero on the computer during class, so he’d put my name into Google. “And guess what, Mum? You’ve got a website! It’s got all about you and your pictures and the books you illustrated and everything!”

Of course, I smiled sweetly and feigned surprise, for a little while at least. I don’t know how he thought the site had got there, but it was fun to let him think that I was so famous, someone had made a site about me - for just a few minutes before I burst the bubble.

I’m really looking forward to reading this project about his famous mother. But, try as I might, I still can't get spikes to come out of my knuckles.

3 comments:

Eric said...

Heh heh, that is so cool. At least you're a hero for a while, even if you can't make the spikes come out. My sons know I have a site, but since they don't spend alot of time online, I don't think they realize what its all about. They know I'm working on a book, but since I haven't gotten published yet, it's still one of those too-far-to-touch ideas. Anyway, enjoy the good feelings.

Anonymous said...

What-do-you-mean you can't get spikes to come out of your knuckles? Can't ALL mothers do that?! Wolverine aint got nothin' on me! ;>)

What a heartwarming little guy you've got. I say extra dessert for him tonight.
Warm Regards,
Melanie

Rena Jones said...

Awwwwwww! That's so cool!