Pages

Sunday 1 February 2009

Back to School

Back to school tomorrow after six weeks break. Actually, I started work again last Thursday, but that was only prep time for staff. The kids start tomorrow.

Sausage is very excited. It's her first day of 'real' school. She has a uniform now and school shoes and she has to sit at a desk and write in books. I can remember being that excited myself about my first day. I can still smell the classroom - plasticine and chalk.

Dynamo, on the other hand, who is going into Year 5, is not so thrilled. He has really enjoyed six weeks of not having to sit still for longer than he wants to. It's going to take a strong teacher to get that boy's brain fixed back on work.

Eldest is positively morose! New school, new uniform, new rules, grumble, grumble grumble. But he'll settle in quick enough I know. His two best friends will be there, so it's not going to be that much of a trauma. He just likes to be melodramatic. He doesn't get it from me, I swear.

So, no more sleep-ins, no more going shopping when I feel like it instead of when I have to, no more mooching around in tatty clothes. Hmmm. I suppose I'd better go and get some sleep. I have 450 student library cards to sort into their correct classes tomorrow. Urrrk.

2 comments:

Rena Jones said...

Oh, good luck and I hope everyone's first day of school goes well!

Brenda said...

Hope everyone had a wonderful 1st day of school...and all the days to follow...